Monday, June 9, 2014

Two Years Young

I can hardly believe it, but my baby boy turned two years old today. I can't reconcile how so much has happened in those two years and I am so proud of the little man he's growing up to be. And so, to celebrate him, here is a letter to my small gentleman.

Adam baby
Today you turned two whole years old. Two whole years since you worked with me and gently, peacefully made your entrance into this world. You turned my whole world upside down and made me fall in love with you from the start and I wouldn't have it any other way. I can see you growing and developing into such a curious, intelligent, energetic and caring boy. Today you told me you loved my totally unprovoked.

Every day you seem to grow a little more in wisdom and learning. You're vocabulary is exploding, you listen so well, and you care about others. You still love Thomas dearly, but you've expanded that love to also include Mighty Machines (and there's nothing more cute than watching you sing along to the theme song) Caillou and Elmo. You love to help your daddy build sand castles, but you love wrecking them best of all. You will do almost anything for a treat and bananas tend to follow closely behind. You really are a little monkey.

You are my best buddy and I love being able to spend my time with you. You think about things, process them, and I can't wait to see the boy, and man that you will become. You are the best part of my world, sweet boy.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. I remember a lovely girl with blonde hair who loved to cuddle her baby sister and enjoyed singing and dancing and smiling at the world. Welcome to the heart shredding buisness of parenting my wee angel and congratulations at surviving the first wonderful and often sleepless two years.

    ReplyDelete