Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween and Goings On

So Halloween has come and gone. We had way too much fun dressing up the little guy. A cuter lion never did exist. Given that the average temperature on October 31st was -27 C (I have never seen a temp that low). We bundled the little man like he's never been bundled before and went to a trunk or treat. This meant we could get maximum candy bang for our buck of time. Key when you're dealing with the coldest temperatures of your life! Unfortunately, Adam slept through the whole thing. Nonetheless, we had to document the experience :) Once we were home, he had woken up long enough for us to hit three of our neighbors, and then it was time to tuck him into bed. The best part about trick or treating with a 4.5 month old? Mom and Dad get all the candy!








Oh how I love love love this little man. Never did I imagine I could take this much joy in being a parent. I only wish I could slow the clock. Last weekend he started sitting on his own, yesterday we discovered our first tooth, and if you hold his hands and stand him up he loves to practice walking. Where did my baby go? And why does he need to move so fast? How glad I am that I get to be his buddy and witness it all. Motherhood really is the best job. And I'm so glad that I accomplished most of the things I wanted to beforehand, so that I can really relish this time and not wonder "what if"?

Here's a few other fun shots

In the new to us bouncer. He LOVES this thing and will jump forever

Sitting up in his Sunday best. How could you not love this face??

This last weekend Jim and I were fortunate to present a workshop on the value of education and lifelong learning to a group of Young Single Adults. It was so much fun to prepare and to interact with my husband that way. He's much more engaging and skilled at teaching than I ever would have given him credit for. And it was really neat to be able to use my brain a bit again and to try and communicate how much I value the education I've received. 

Then later this morning at our church a friend of mine gave a beautiful, heartfelt lesson on Love, Life, and Learnig. There was such a wonderful spirit to her teaching, and it helped me remember of the potential that we all have as children of God, but especially that women have as daughters of God. She also shared a beautiful video that really drove her point home. I'm sharing it below for anyone who might want a quick watch. 


And then, because it follows the same thread and I've been missing Pres. Hinckley, another little message about the women in our lives



All in all it's been a particularly uplifting weekend. Regardless of your religious beliefs or standing I believe that the message in both these video's is clear to all: that women are beautiful, divine creatures who have such a wide scope of influence and impact. It's a message I think we as women sometimes forget when we're busy trying to be equals to the men on our professions, or just cleaning up poopy diapers. As much as I love being home with my little Adam, this was such a nice reminder for me :)


2 comments:

  1. What a cute lion!!!! It looks SO cold there. Brrr. Miss you. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah hah! I found you via Rachel's blog. Nice to read through and catch up on your life!! Now I can keep tabs on you :P

    I also LOVE the lion costume! But then, I love everything lion/Lyon.

    ReplyDelete